The Los Angeles Dodgers have removed a Trevor Bauer bobblehead night from their promotional schedule, and Bauer-related merchandise has been removed from the team store as well as the team's official website and MLB.com.
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Monday that he doesn't expect Bauer to return at the conclusion of the seven-day administrative leave Major League Baseball announced last week for Bauer as police investigate allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman, according to a report via Twitter from The Athletic's Fabian Ardaya.
Bauer, who won the National League Cy Young Award last season for the Cincinnati Reds, was placed on the leave - effective immediately - last Friday. A statement from Bauer's co-agents indicated that Bauer would not appeal MLB's decision at this time "in an effort to minimize any distraction to the Dodgers organization and to his teammates."
The league "continues to collect information in our ongoing investigation concurrent with the Pasadena Police Department’s active criminal investigation," according to the announcement.
"We were looking into some things and we thought we were nearing the end," Lt. Carolyn Gordon, who is overseeing the investigation, told USA TODAY Sports Friday. "We are not close to the end.
"This investigation is bigger than we thought. So we have to look a few more places. We want to try to uncover as much stuff as we can.''
Bauer is in his first season as a Dodger after spending part of the 2019 season and all of the 2020 season with the Reds.