Teen in burn unit after electrocution in Vanderburgh County

EVANSVILLE, Ind. — A 14-year-old boy was flown to a burn trauma center after being electrocuted at a work site north of Evansville on Monday, his father said.

John Wanko, who owns the Ohio-based company doing the work, said his son, Alexander Wanko, was seriously injured in the incident and was in critical condition when he first arrived at Norton's Children's Hospital in Louisville. A hospital nurse reported that the teenager was in stable condition Tuesday afternoon.

An ambulance was sent to the accident site at SIGMA Equipment, 424 E. Inglefield Road, at 10:13 a.m. Monday.

Vanderburgh County Sheriff David Wedding said a SIGMA Equipment manager told a deputy that the company did not know a 14-year-old was on the property.

Local news:Evansville police: Homeowner shot suspect who tried to break into her home

Source link

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button