A man who led Northern Kentucky police on a multi-day manhunt in 2019 was convicted Wednesday of all charges, including attempted murder. After several hours spent deliberating Julick's sentence Wednesday, the jury decided to reconvene again on Thursday.
The jury deliberated for two days before arriving at its verdict in the case of 28-year-old Jacob Julick, who was a passenger in a car stopped by Lakeside Park-Crestview Hills officers on June 6, 2019.
Instead of cooperating with the stop, Julick fled on foot and fired a gun at officers as he ran.
He eluded officers throughout Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky for 19 days, at one point leading Covington police on a brief high-speed chase. Officers quickly called off the chase and elected not to pursue Julick because matching his speed — 80 mph — would be too dangerous, they said at the time.
Julick was finally caught in Westwood on June 25. He surrendered to police and U.S. Marshals after a four-hour standoff outside the apartment building in which he had been sheltering.
Although his defense argued Julick had only been trying to scare, not to hurt, the Lakeside Park-Crestview Hills officers who stopped him on June 6, the jury found him guilty on one count of attempted murder and a bevy of lesser charges: two counts of wanton endangerment, two counts of fleeing police, one count of attempted identity theft and two counts of possession of a handgun by a felon.
Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders, who led the prosecution, said in 2019 that Julick could face life in prison at sentencing.