News

Kentucky restaurant gets permit reinstated after being suspended for violating governor’s orders


A Northern Kentucky café and bakery had its permit reinstated this week after it was suspended last month for violating the governor's order requiring bars and eateries to close indoor service, the owner's attorney confirmed Wednesday.Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear issued the order last month, closing indoor dining from Nov. 20 until Dec. 13. Beshear issued the order as Kentucky saw a rising number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.The order has since expired and restaurants have been able to reopen indoor dining at 50% capacity. In a letter posted to Facebook on Nov. 20, Beans announced its decision to remain open despite the order. The post was met with more than a thousand comments revealed mixed, passionate opinions."For a 99.6% survival rate, we are destroying the economy and destroying peoples lives and all of the things that go along with it," the letter said.A few days later, Beans posted to Facebook saying they received a notice that their food service permit was suspended by the Northern Kentucky District Health Department for not following the governor's orders.On Tuesday, owner Richard Hayhoe posted again to Facebook, saying the permit had been reinstated. The Northern Kentucky Health Department reinstated the permit for both of Beans' locations, Hayhoe's lawyer confirmed to WLWT. Hayhoe was also charged last month for staying open despite the governor's orders. The criminal complaint charged Hayhoe with operating restaurant without permit. The complaint stated that on Nov. 23 Hayhoe continued to operate after its permit had been suspended.WLWT is working to learn more about the current status of the charge.

A Northern Kentucky café and bakery had its permit reinstated this week after it was suspended last month for violating the governor's order requiring bars and eateries to close indoor service, the owner's attorney confirmed Wednesday.

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear issued the order last month, closing indoor dining from Nov. 20 until Dec. 13.

Beshear issued the order as Kentucky saw a rising number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.

The order has since expired and restaurants have been able to reopen indoor dining at 50% capacity.

In a letter posted to Facebook on Nov. 20, Beans announced its decision to remain open despite the order. The post was met with more than a thousand comments revealed mixed, passionate opinions.

"For a 99.6% survival rate, we are destroying the economy and destroying peoples lives and all of the things that go along with it," the letter said.

A few days later, Beans posted to Facebook saying they received a notice that their food service permit was suspended by the Northern Kentucky District Health Department for not following the governor's orders.

On Tuesday, owner Richard Hayhoe posted again to Facebook, saying the permit had been reinstated.

The Northern Kentucky Health Department reinstated the permit for both of Beans' locations, Hayhoe's lawyer confirmed to WLWT.

Hayhoe was also charged last month for staying open despite the governor's orders.

The criminal complaint charged Hayhoe with operating restaurant without permit. The complaint stated that on Nov. 23 Hayhoe continued to operate after its permit had been suspended.

WLWT is working to learn more about the current status of the charge.


Source link

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button