Following other cities around Greater Cincinnati, Loveland is hosting its first Oktoberfest this month.
Loveland's Oktoberfest will be held downtown on Sept. 24 and 25, with a main stage featuring live entertainment, vendors, a biergarten and more. Local restaurants and bars will also host German-themed food drinks and music throughout the weekend.
Starting Thursday, the Oktoberfest Zinzinnati will be the largest event in the world, after Germany.
“We are so happy to hold our first Oktoberfest," said CeeCee Collins, president of the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance. "We have a lot of festivals and fun activities in late spring and summer, now we have a fall event that our visitors can enjoy.”
Here's the full schedule for Loveland's Oktoberfest:
Friday, Sept. 24
- 4 p.m.: Start and Biergarten opens, Stein Slide opens
- 6:30 p.m.: Live Music on Main Stage
- 6:30 p.m.: Stein Hoist Prelims begin at Restaurants and Bars
- 7:30 p.m.: Lederhosen costume contest – Bishop’s Quarter
- 10 p.m.: Event ends
Saturday, Sept. 25
- 4 p.m.: Start and Biergarten Opens, Live Entertainment Begins, Stein Slide opens
- 4:30 p.m.: Weiner Dog Race
- 5:30 p.m.: Ceremonial Keg Procession and Keg Taping
- 6 p.m.: Zinzinnati Bier Band live on stage
- 6:30 p.m.: Stein Hoist Final on Main Stage next to Emporium
- 11 p.m.: Event ends