Get ready for four days of German-inspired beer, food and fun, because Oktoberfest Zinzinnati is back.
Organizers for the largest Oktoberfest in the U.S. recently released the schedule of events for the festival, which is beginning a day earlier and staying open one hour longer this year.
The full dates and hours are:
- Thursday, Sept. 16: 5 p.m.-midnight
- Friday, Sept. 17: 11 a.m.-midnight
- Saturday, Sept. 18: 11 a.m.-midnight
- Sunday, Sept. 19: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
“There will be plenty to enjoy during Oktoberfest Zinzinnati’s expanded day and hours,” Cynthia Oxley, director of the event said.
Thursday, Sept. 16
- Noon: The USA Today Sports+ Running of the Wieners, Freedom Way at The Banks
- 5 p.m.-midnight: America's Oktoberfest, Second and Third streets
Friday, Sept. 17
- Noon: The Gemütlichkeit Games (G-Games), Main Stage at Second and Elm streets
- 7 p.m.: Frocktoberfest/Socktoberfest Pageant, Main Stage at Second and Elm streets
Saturday, Sept. 18
- Noon: Oktoberfest Zinzinnati Offizielle Zeremonien (official ceremonies), Main Stage at Second and Elm streets
- 4 p.m.: The World's Largest Chicken Dance, all Oktoberfest Zinzinnati stages
Sunday, Sept. 19
- 2 p.m.: Samuel Adams Stein Hoist Championship, Main Stage at Second and Elm streets
- 4 p.m.: The World Brat Eating Championship featuring Joey Chestnut, Braxton Stage at Third and Walnut streets
Preliminary Stein Hoist rounds will be held Friday and Saturday at 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the Sam Adams Bier Garten, Second and Walnut streets. Registration is coming soon.
For more, visit oktoberfestzinzinnati.com.