Roller coasters and water parks seem a long way from snow and icy roads, but Kings Island announced its 2021 season operating calendar Thursday,
The park will officially open its gates to the general public on Saturday, May 15. A Gold and Platinum season passholder preview will happen the weekend prior on May 8 and 9.
Key park opening dates
- Gold and Platinum Season Pass Preview Weekend: May 8 & 9
- Kings Island Opening Day: Saturday, May 15
- Soak City Water Park will open on Saturday, May 29 (Memorial Day weekend)
Park officials said all 2020 season passes will be honored during the 2021 season.
The park's Camp Cedar will open this spring. The $27 million camp will be a year-round outdoor luxury resort that will include a pool and space to park 164 full-service recreational vehicles (RVs).
Kings Island said it continues to monitor the conditions surrounding the pandemic and is actively working with health experts and government officials to maintain the highest safety standards for guests and associates.
Guidelines may be revised prior to opening day. Guests can see the latest updates on requirements, policies and safety protocols for the 2021 season on the park website.
Seasonal employment opportunities are available, and a new hiring process helps applicants apply and interview virtually.
Kings Island has more than 100 rides, shows and attractions. There are 15 roller coasters, including the all new Orion giga coaster and a 33-acre water park.
Cedar Point also released information about its 2021 season
- Frontier Festival, celebrating hope, health and harvest, kicks off the Cedar Point season in Sandusky, Ohio, on opening day, Friday, May 14. Frontier Town will transform into a Wild West hootenanny, brimming with live music, interactive games for adults and kids, festive décor, street entertainers and a mouth-watering food and drink menu. Frontier Festival runs weekends, May 14-16 & 21-23, then daily May 28 through June 13.
- Snake River Expedition: Parents, kids, grandparents and thrill-seekers alike can join the mission to smuggle valuable goods around Adventure Island on the new Snake River Expedition river boat ride. Snake River Expedition is scheduled to open on May 29 and will be in operation through Labor Day, Sept. 6.
- Ticket of a Lifetime This summer, guests will have their final chances to win a Cedar Point Ticket of a Lifetime, an exclusive ticket that affords each winner (along with three guests) free admission to Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Waterpark for the rest of their lives. Guests will have a chance to win one each day by scanning their mobile device at the throwback Courtesy Corps guest information kiosks throughout the park. Each day, guests who register will have five chances to win the Ticket of a Lifetime. They’ll also have the chance to be one of 150 winners per day to receive an upgrade to the CP 150 VIP Club, giving them access to two exclusive VIP areas, several one-time Fast Lane passes, VIP viewing of the parade and nighttime party and more. The opportunity for a chance to win a Ticket of a Lifetime each day will be available in the park during the 150th anniversary celebration, June 26 through Aug. 15.
- Cedar Point Nights The summer season culminates with Cedar Point Nights, the park’s nighttime celebration at the place where it all started – the Cedar Point Beach. The annual festival will feature a new “dining in the dark” experience, interactive beach games, fire pits, glow games and decor, live entertainment and the electric nighttime atmosphere of the best rides and roller coasters on the planet. Cedar Point Nights takes place while the park is in operation Aug. 6 through Labor Day, Sept. 6.