It's a perfect time to take a walk Downtown and see the rising waters of the Ohio River. Cincinnati's Smale Park was named one of 10Best's top riverwalks for 2021.
10Best editors partnered with a panel of urban planning experts to nominate 20 great American riverwalks and the winner was decided by public vote.
"In recent decades, cities across the United States have been revitalizing their river fronts, transforming them into vibrant spaces for outdoor recreation, nightlife, cultural activity and scenic views," 10Best said.
Detroit International RiverWalk took home first place. Smale Riverfront Park came in at No. 5, just ahead of Waterfront Park in nearby Louisville.
"At Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, visitors can watch the river traffic float by, cycle along the Ohio River Trail, buy fresh produce at the Castellini Esplanade farmers market, cool off in the Fath Fountain or stop to smell the flowers in the Gardner Family Grove and Rose Garden," 10Best said.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Riverwalk are:
- Detroit International RiverWalk - Detroit
- Wilmington Riverwalk - Wilmington, North Carolina
- Schuylkill River Trail - Philadelphia
- San Antonio River Walk - San Antonio
- Smale Riverfront Park - Cincinnati
- Waterfront Park - Louisville
- Bricktown - Oklahoma City
- Mississippi Riverwalk - Dubuque, Iowa
- Chicago Riverwalk - Chicago
- Charles River Esplanade - Boston